In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic the client, THISDAY Media and Technology Group, engaged NOLTEC to deliver an efficient central cooling system and fire protection system at the THISDAY Dome Isolation Centre, Abuja.
The THISDAY Dome Abuja has played a crucial role as a Tracing, Testing, and Treatment Centre. This state-of-the-art facility provided critical support to patients. NOLTEC implemented an advanced central air conditioning system that ensured a comfortable and safe environment within the facility used as an isolation centre for testing, tracing, and treatment during the COVID–19 Pandemic.
THISDAY Media and Technology Group, Sahara Group and the private sector coalition donated the 320-bed Testing, Tracing and Treatment Centre.
THISDAY Dome Isolation Centre: Project Details
NOLTEC supplied, installed and commissioned a large DX (Direct Expansion) Rooftop Central Air Conditioning System at the facility. The solution included smart control systems, zoning and air distribution, and high-efficiency particulate air filters (HEPA). In addition, the project also consisted of ventilation, air extraction and purification in the toilets.
From patients undergoing testing to frontline healthcare workers, the facility served as a lifeline in the battle against the virus by maintaining optimal indoor air quality and temperature.
Features of the Air Conditioning Solution
These are some of the benefits of the Air Conditioning technology deployed include:
- Capacity and Zoning: The central air conditioning system was designed to provide precise temperature control across different zones within the facility. This ensured that various areas, including testing, treatment, and administrative spaces, were maintained at their ideal conditions.
- Filtration and Air Quality: The centre’s air filtration system was equipped with high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters. These filters help in removing even the tiniest airborne particles, enhancing the air quality and minimizing the risk of airborne transmission.
- Energy Efficiency: The system incorporates energy-efficient technologies, which not only reduce the carbon footprint but also result in cost savings for the facility.
The Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, Boss Mustapha, commissioned the world-class THISDAY Dome Isolation Centre (read more here).
Central Air Conditioning Supply, Installation, and Maintenance Services by NOLTEC
NOLTEC provides highly efficient large rooftop central air conditioning systems to facilities of all sizes. Our services include installation, sales, and maintenance services to clients in various industries.
Fire Hydrant/Hose Reel Installation by NOLTEC
NOLTEC offers fire protection installation and maintenance services. We provide fire suppression systems based on the particular requirements for residential, commercial, and industrial facilities.
See More Client Projects & Articles
- Central Air Conditioning with Exposed Tubular Ducting: City of David, Lagos
- Air Conditioning Installation: Lekki Free Trade Zone
- Dust Extraction System & Central Air Conditioning Installation: Multi-trex Foods
- VRF Air Conditioning & Fire Protection Project: Mulliner Towers, Lagos
- Packaged Central Air Conditioners Installation: Bank Of Industry, Nigeria
- Daikin Air Conditioners Nigeria | Quality AC & Ventilation Systems